The Level Up workshop is geared towards photographers who want to begin thinking, shooting, and delivering images that are unmistakably professional. We will focus on both the technical and creative sides of creating beautiful images in a variety of environments. We have limited this workshop to 6 photographers to ensure a high level of personalized instruction and learning. We will mostly reference wedding images in our presentation, but these techniques will be applicable towards nearly any kind of people photography.
About the Level Up Workshop
This will be a very intense workshop and is not for the faint of heart. You will be challenged, critiqued, and exhausted. Arrive humble and free of distractions so you can immerse yourself in growing as a photographer and a storyteller.
The focus of this workshop will be to equip you with the tools to take your photography to the next level, whether it be as a new professional or a seasoned pro looking to be challenged. Regardless of what level you’re at, this workshop is designed to meet you where you are and challenge you to advance. From our initial vision and thought processes, right through to editing and image delivery, you’ll dive deep into new ways of seeing light and telling a story with your images. This is not a business workshop, but we will discuss some systems, vendors, and tools we use that will save you countless hours and thousands of dollars you could be wasting by experimenting or buying the wrong gear.
Here’s an overview of the big stuff we’ll cover during this workshop:
- “Seeing light” in ways you’ve never seen it before
- Creative, fast, and beautiful off-camera flash for any environment
- Creative compositions: Getting the most out of elements in your shooting environment
- Pushing the limits with framing and layering to create epic and interesting compositions
- Bag of tricks: creating mind blowing images with long exposures, silhouettes, reflections, etc.
- Editing your images in Adobe Lightroom for maximum visual impact
- Personal critique and image analysis of each photographer’s work
- Gear bag: equipment, vendors and systems that will save time and help you deliver awesomeness to your clients on a regular basis
As soon as you register, you’ll also receive lifetime access to our online Adobe Lightroom Crash Course, a $50 value. Learning these Lightroom basics beforehand will help you get the most out of the advanced editing section of this workshop.
A significant part of this workshop will be the relationships you’ll build during these three days - we’re creating a community of openness, encouragement, humility, and constructive critiques. You’ll also have the opportunity to stay in touch with others through our alumni Facebook group.
In addition, we will have an optional half-day alumni meet up, roughly 4-6 months after the workshop, where we’ll check in on how each photographer has progressed since the workshop. We will do a brief image critique and discuss whatever is the most helpful to you and our group. This is designed to tag in and make sure your development is headed in the right direction after you’ve had a chance to apply some of these techniques.
March 17 - 19! We will begin around 3pm Friday afternoon and wrap up around 3pm on Sunday.
Bala Cynwyd, PA (please note the change of venue)
$1200 per person:
- 3 days of intense, hands-on instruction
- Accommodations a lovely Airbnb home (please note accommodations may be shared)
- All meals and snacks for 3 days
- Wine, craft beer and Kelly’s ridiculously amazing sangria
- Lifetime access to Dan’s Adobe Lightroom: Crash Course on www.DazzleTraining.com (a $50 value)
- A follow-up alumni half-day hangout roughly 4-6 months after the workshop where we’ll tag in and see how things are going and do some quick image critiques.